Monday, November 21, 2011

Welcome!!

For months I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog about the amazing things I've been finding while shopping for deals.  Six months ago I found myself the (ecstatic!!) new Receptionist of a Fortune 500 company.  During my interview process, the woman whose place I would eventually take, coached me on what the company was looking for when it came to style.  At the time I had even less money than I have now, and in desperation, went to a second hand store to see what I could find.  I walked out having spent $32.76, which bought me a cream-colored calf-length skirt from Bloomingdales, blazers from Casual Corner and Ralph Lauren, slacks from The Limited, and a couple of blouses (one silk).  The next day, I got the job.


Since then, by shopping sales on-line and locally, combing thrift stores and sales racks, I've built the basis of an amazing wardrobe of name brands, and have earned the reputatiton as one of the best dressed women on our campus,  I've met the CEO of our organization, and spoken to the Ambassador of Ireland...having a respectable wardrobe in the workplace is essential for women our age to stay relevant.  But if my (much higher paid) coworkers knew how much I spent on this wardrobe, they'd be shocked.  So it'll just be our little secret.